Stroll back into time to get a glimpse of Hong Kong's glorious and notorious past by exploring its unique attractions. The tour includes a visit to the grounds of what used to be the notorious Kowloon Walled City, where Hong Kong’s dark past thrived till 1993. Move back further into time and be amazed by the traditional architecture of strikingly different styles, the tranquil Chi Lin Nunnery, the Tang Dynasty inspiredNan Lian Garden and Wong Tai Sin Temple. Tour ends after visiting the bustling Mongkok's Bird's garden &market followed by drop back to your hotel.
Kowloon Walled City:
Called the “ City of darkness”, this 2.7-hectare was once full of opium parlors, whorehouses and gambling dens run by triads, where even police, health inspectors and even tax collectors feared to go till it was brought down in 1993.
Chi Lin Nunnery:
Build in traditional Tang Dynasty style and as a retreat for Buddhist nuns, Chi Lin Nunnery is a large Buddhist temple originally built in 1934 and was rebuilt in the 1990.
Nan Lian Garden:
A classic Tang Dynasty-style Chinese style Garden, spread over an area of 3.5 hectares the with hills, water features, trees, rocks and wooden structures.
What is included in the tour
- Pick-up and drop-off services at selected hotels ( List available on the website)
- English speaking guide
- Visit to Kowloon Walled City, Chi Lin Nunnery, Nan Lian Garden, Wong Tai Sin Temple, Mongkok Bird Garden & Market
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Chi Lin Nunnery is a large Buddhist temple which was founded in 1934 as a retreat for Buddhist nuns and was rebuilt in the 1990s following the traditional Tang Dynasty architecture.
- Nan Lian Garden is Chinese style garden, inspired by Tang Dynasty architecture with hills, water features, trees, rocks and wooden structures.
- Wong Tai Sin Temple is a well-known shrine and major tourist attraction in Hong Kong. It is dedicated to Wong Tai Sin, or the Great Immortal Wong.
- A popular haunt for the locals, the visually engaging Yuen Po Street Bird Garden is designed in the style of a traditional Chinese garden. The park has dozens of stalls selling exotic birds, beautifully crafted bamboo cages, porcelain water dishes and other bird-care paraphernalia.
- Pick up from Hotel’s concierge desk. Please be present at the pick-up 10 minutes before pick up time. Exact Pick up time will be advised at the time of tour confirmation.
- First Stop: Wong Tai Temple
- Second Stop: Nan Lian Garden
- Third Stop: Chi lin nunnery
- Fourth Stop: Mongkok Bird Garden & Market
- Fifth Stop: Optional stop at Jewelry factory
- Last stop: Drop back to Hotel
Pick up Point:
Concierge desk of the Hotel.
List of Hotel from where the pickup is provided on the website
Terms & Policies:
- Customer name entered in the booking form must be same as in the passport.
- Hong Kong and Macau allow free Visa on arrival to most nationalities. Visa and Pre Arrival Registration is required is some cases. Customer should check their visa eligibility on own in advance. Last minute cancellation due to visa/ PAR refusals will not be entertained.
- Prices are subject to surcharges during Peak season and Holiday season.
- Our company provides advisory information but do not undertake any responsibility whatsoever for any changes of information.
- Tour prices are subject to change without prior notice before issuance of travel voucher. Prices are not guaranteed until travel vouchers are issued and full payment has been received.
- Great Ocean Tours reserves the right to cancel any bookings
- Any cancellation /amendment will be subject to charges. Please refer to our Cancellation/Amendment policy.
- All tours after deadline date are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
- Any amendment after travel vouchers have been issued will be considered as a cancellation of the existing booking and cancellation charges will be applied accordingly. Please refer to our Cancellation Policies.
- Email address must be correctly furnished. As a customer, you agree to accept email as a means of communication and delivery of Travel vouchers and confirmation of your booking. In doing so, you agree not to hold Great Ocean Tours liable for any non-receipt of travel voucher or email confirmation.
- No refund or exchange if you are late and miss the tour.
- Tour will be canceled when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning is issued. You will be given the option of booking an alternative date or requesting a full refund.
- Free cancellation: 10 working days before the date of the tour/activity.
- 50% Cancellation Fee: 5 working days before the date of the tour/activity.
- No Refund/ No Cancellation allowed if booking cancelled less than 5 working days before the start of tour/ activity.
- Working days do not include Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays in Hong Kong. List of public holidays in HK are available by clicking on the below link.