Hong Kong is one of the most food obsessed cities in the world, so much that “ Have you eaten yet?” is one of the common greetings when people meet each other. Our tour will give you a glimpse of Hong Kong’s culture and lifestyle with a ride on the local tram (affectionately called “Ding Ding” by the locals) and an opportunity to savor the local delights.
We will visit Wholesale Sea food market & Tonic Street, which is famous for traditional health food followed by sampling of HK’s famous Egg Tarts. Later walk through the Central district and visit a local wet market to see how locals buy fresh vegetables, meat & sea food.
The tour will end with a visit to a local restaurant for trying variety of Dim Sums and later drop back to your hotel.
This tour involves moderate walking and is not suitable for people who cannot walk or with food allergies or restrictions..
Hong Kong Tram- Ding Ding:
Hong Kong Tram is one of the oldest and most popular forms of public transport on the Hong Kong island and a popular &cheap way to explore the city like a local.
Dried Sea food Market & Tonic Street:
Dried seafood is a common ingredient in Chinese cooking and shops here sell common as well as exotic fare like black moss, dried snakeskin, dried sausage and expensive dried scallop and abalone etc.and provide fantastic insights into food and health culture of Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Egg Tarts:
Hong Kong version of popular English Custard Tarts served piping hot .
A popular Cantonese specialty, Dim sums are small bite-sized portions of food served in small steamer baskets or on small plates and usually served with fragrant tea.
What is included in the tour
- Pick-up and drop-off services at selected hotels ( List available on the website)
- English speaking guide
- Complimentary tasting of Egg tarts and Dims
- Complimentary ride on local tram.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the tour details
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Ride the local tram to feel the true pulse of the city.
- Taste the famous Hong Kong Egg tart and learn local stories behind it
- Learn about the fascinating food culture of Hong Kong while you taste local dim sums
- Visit Dry Seafood market and Tonic Street and learn about the exotic ingredients and why they are used in Chinese cooking.
- Pick up from Hotel’s concierge desk. Please be present at the pick-up 10 minutes before pick up time. Exact Pick up time will be advised at the time of tour confirmation.
- First Stop: Dry Seafood Market & Tonic Street
- Second Stop: Egg Tart Tasting
- Third Stop: Ride Local tram to Central
- Fourth Stop: Walk through Central district
- Fifth Stop: Local restaurant for trying Dim Sums
- Drop back to Hotel
Pick up Point:
Concierge desk of the Hotel.
List of Hotel from where the pickup is provided on the website
Terms & Policies:
- Customer name entered in the booking form must be same as in the passport.
- Hong Kong and Macau allow free Visa on arrival to most nationalities. Visa and Pre Arrival Registration is required is some cases. Customer should check their visa eligibility on own in advance. Last minute cancellation due to visa/ PAR refusals will not be entertained.
- Prices are subject to surcharges during Peak season and Holiday season.
- Our company provides advisory information but do not undertake any responsibility whatsoever for any changes of information.
- Tour prices are subject to change without prior notice before issuance of travel voucher. Prices are not guaranteed until travel vouchers are issued and full payment has been received.
- Great Ocean Tours reserves the right to cancel any bookings
- Any cancellation /amendment will be subject to charges. Please refer to our Cancellation/Amendment policy.
- All tours after deadline date are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
- Any amendment after travel vouchers have been issued will be considered as a cancellation of the existing booking and cancellation charges will be applied accordingly. Please refer to our Cancellation Policies.
- Email address must be correctly furnished. As a customer, you agree to accept email as a means of communication and delivery of Travel vouchers and confirmation of your booking. In doing so, you agree not to hold Great Ocean Tours liable for any non-receipt of travel voucher or email confirmation.
- No refund or exchange if you are late and miss the tour.
- Tour will be canceled when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning is issued. You will be given the option of booking an alternative date or requesting a full refund.
- Free cancellation: 10 working days before the date of the tour/activity.
- 50% Cancellation Fee: 5 working days before the date of the tour/activity.
- No Refund/ No Cancellation allowed if booking cancelled less than 5 working days before the start of tour/ activity.
- Working days do not include Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays in Hong Kong. List of public holidays in HK are available by clicking on the below link.