Hong Kong is known to most people as a concrete jungle full of sky scrapers. What most people do not know is that two thirds of Hong Kong land is uninhabited and green and is blessed with some spectacular hiking trails suitable for all levels and age groups. Our tours include return hotel transfers from start and end points and include services of licensed guide. The tour will not operate in the event of rain or bad weather to avoid injury and is not recommended for:
Participants with back problems
People with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
People with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Participants are advised to bring a change of clothing for the return journey, a small towel, non-greasy waterproof sun block (recommended minimum SPF 15), hiking boots or comfortable walking shoes, a windbreaker or waterproof fleece jacket for cool days in winter, and minimum one liter of water.
Dragon’s Back Trail - The Dragon's Back is a ridge in southeastern Hong Kong Island, between Wan Cham Shan and Shek O Peak. It lies within the Shek O Country Park. In 2004 the Dragon's Back Trail was selected by TIME Asia as the best urban hiking trail.
What is included in the tour
- Pick-up and drop-off services at selected hotels ( List available on the website)
- English speaking guide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Hiking gear
- Breathtaking views of the distant Nine Pins Islands, sandy Big Wave Bay, Shek O beach, Tai Tam Harbour, Stanley and the Red Hill peninsula.
- Pick up from Hotel’s concierge desk. Please be present at the pick-up 10 minutes before pick up time. Exact Pick up time will be advised at the time of tour confirmation.
- First Stop: Wong Tai Temple
- Second Stop: Nan Lian Garden
- Third Stop: Chi lin nunnery
- Fourth Stop: Mongkok Bird Garden & Market
- Fifth Stop: Optional stop at Jewelry factory
- Last stop: Drop back to Hotel
Pick up Point:
Concierge desk of the Hotel.
List of Hotel from where the pickup is provided on the website
Terms & Policies:
- Customer name entered in the booking form must be same as in the passport.
- Hong Kong and Macau allow free Visa on arrival to most nationalities. Visa and Pre Arrival Registration is required is some cases. Customer should check their visa eligibility on own in advance. Last minute cancellation due to visa/ PAR refusals will not be entertained.
- Prices are subject to surcharges during Peak season and Holiday season.
- Our company provides advisory information but do not undertake any responsibility whatsoever for any changes of information.
- Tour prices are subject to change without prior notice before issuance of travel voucher. Prices are not guaranteed until travel vouchers are issued and full payment has been received.
- Great Ocean Tours reserves the right to cancel any bookings
- Any cancellation /amendment will be subject to charges. Please refer to our Cancellation/Amendment policy.
- All tours after deadline date are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
- Any amendment after travel vouchers have been issued will be considered as a cancellation of the existing booking and cancellation charges will be applied accordingly. Please refer to our Cancellation Policies.
- Email address must be correctly furnished. As a customer, you agree to accept email as a means of communication and delivery of Travel vouchers and confirmation of your booking. In doing so, you agree not to hold Great Ocean Tours liable for any non-receipt of travel voucher or email confirmation.
- No refund or exchange if you are late and miss the tour.
- Tour will be canceled when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning is issued. You will be given the option of booking an alternative date or requesting a full refund.
- Free cancellation: 10 working days before the date of the tour/activity.
- 50% Cancellation Fee: 5 working days before the date of the tour/activity.
- No Refund/ No Cancellation allowed if booking cancelled less than 5 working days before the start of tour/ activity.
- Working days do not include Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays in Hong Kong. List of public holidays in HK are available by clicking on the below link.